Remember my Snicker-doodle Cheesecake Bars? Well the cookie layer of that dessert was so yummy I decided to see if it would stand on it’s own as Snicker-doodle cookies. And it did! I added the cream of tartar that is a must in all snicker-doodle cookie recipes and whipped up a batch of these for Christmas. They turned out great!
You Will Need:
- THM Baking Blend
- oat fiber
- baking soda
- mineral salt
- cream of tartar
- xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- black strap molasses
- vanilla extract
- sweet blend
Snicker-Doodles ~ THM S
- 3/4 c baking blend
- 3/4 c oat fiber
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 c. xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- 1 tsp black strap molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sweet blend mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º and like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking blend, oat fiber, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, gentle sweet and molasses with a hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Gradually add dry mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Mix together sweet blend and cinnamon in a small bowl for dusting.
- Divide dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and flatten slightly. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
As always, I appreciate it when you choose to shop through my affiliate links. It costs you no extra but provides me with a small compensation that helps me keep adding valuable content to this blog.