Sometimes you just want sprinkles. But it is hard to duplicate something that is pure sugar into a sugar free version, right? Well, my friend KT Tevlin made it look super easy!!
If you are on the THM Facebook boards, especially the official THM Diabetic board then you will recognize her name. She is one of the awesome Diabetic board Administrators. She also happens to live close to me so I get the privilege of seeing her in person a few times a year!
This past weekend she brought this special treat to our THM Admin Retreat. Sugar Free sprinkles! She even had them packaged in these super cute containers with labels! As soon as I tried them I asked her if I could share her recipe with you all and she was gracious enough to say yes!
Tonight I enjoyed the Rainbow Sprinkles on some strawberry Tummy Tucking Ice Cream!
What you will need:
Sugar Free Sprinkles
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 tsp glucomannan
- 1/8 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
- 1/8 tsp mineral salt
- Food coloring
- Approx 1 Tablespoon water add in slowly until piping consistency
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Place mixture into ziploc bags and cut off a tiny bit of the tip. Pipe in lines on parchment paper, cut once they start to release from paper, dry for several hours or place in dehydrator for 30-40 minutes (I used dehydrator method)
Note that the Cherry Vanilla and Pina Colada* sprinkles are made with artificial food coloring (Wilton Icing Colors).
As always, I appreciate it when you choose to shop through my affiliate links. It costs you no extra but provides me with a small compensation that helps me keep adding valuable content to this blog.
Have you ever considered getting a coach to help you on your journey but you aren’t sure what a coach could do for you? Contact me for a free consultation. I can explain to you how I would help you with no strings attached.