It is Monday, so it is time for another recipe makeover. I love to take favorite recipes and make them THM friendly. One of the biggest hurdles people have to overcome is thinking that healthy eating means never having their favorite foods again. The truth is that you can make a healthy version of almost any meal. And most meals don’t require that much work to re-make!
My son-in-law asked me to re-create a pre-packaged banana nut muffin. After I laughed for a while I decided to give it a try. I was worried most about not being able to replicate the super “soft” mouth feel of the packaged muffin. Well this recipe surprised me! This is a super soft muffin. I used banana extract instead of banana because I wanted to keep this an S muffin for texture purposes.
You Will Need:
- THM baking blend
- xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- oat fiber
- Baking Powder
- mineral salt
- Greek Yogurt
- Banana Extract
I always use oat fiber to make my baking blend stretch farther. If you do not have oat fiber you can always sub equal amounts of baking blend unless it is stated otherwise.
Banana Nut Muffins ~ THM S
- 1/4 c plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c + 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 c THM Baking Blend loosely poured into measuring cup and leveled with a knife
- 1/4 c oat fiber loosely poured into measuring cup and leveled with a knife
- 1/4 c xes sweetener or THM Gentle Sweet
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 c pecan halves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pure banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin liners. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Whisk together well.
- Transfer batter to fill the muffin holes to the halfway mark, and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to THM’ify? Comment below and I will see what I can do!
As always, I appreciate it when you choose to shop through my affiliate links. It costs you no extra but provides me with a small compensation that helps me keep adding valuable content to this blog.
Have you ever considered getting a coach to help you on your journey but you aren’t sure what a coach could do for you? Contact me for a free consultation. I can explain to you how I would help you with no strings attached.