Sometimes a super simple idea for lunch turns into a beautiful work of art! I mean, look at that photo! My daughter had the idea to take some taco meat and put it in a bell pepper and the result was beautiful and delicious! This is so simple I am not going to give you a formal recipe. All you need is cooked taco meat, bell peppers and toppings of your choice. We suggest lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado.
Here is all you need to do to make this meal for 2 people:
- Slice 3 bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and stems.
- If using cheese, put a small sprinkle of cheese in the bottom of each pepper.
- Fill cavity with cooked, warm taco meat.
- Top with more cheese if using.
At this point, if you want you can eat them as is, or top them with other toppings and eat them like that. With the peppers “cold” they are super easy to eat with your hands. However, you may choose to warm them a bit so that the peppers soften just a tad. If you want to to do that you can either:
- Place the peppers in a skillet on medium heat for just a few minutes to warm them, or
- Place the peppers on a plate and microwave for 1-2 minutes
After warming, add the rest of your toppings of choice and enjoy with a fork and knife!