Holiday parties demand holiday beverages, and no beverage screams holiday more than egg nog! This rich, sweet drink is sure to please everyone at your gathering. It is super simple to make and I challenge you to find someone who doesn’t like it just as well as it’s sugary store bought counterpart.
You Will Need:
- large eggs
- xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- mineral salt
- almond or cashew milk
- vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- heavy whipping cream
Egg Nog ~ THM S
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup xes sweetener or THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 4 cups almond or cashew milk divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg optional
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together eggs, sweetener and salt. Gradually add 2 cups of the nut milk; cook and stir often over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°-170°, about 15 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in vanilla, nutmeg and remaining nut milk. Place bowl in an ice-water bath, stirring until milk mixture is cool. (If mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth.) Refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, beat cream until soft peaks form. Whisk gently into cooled milk mixture. If desired, sprinkle with additional nutmeg before serving. This produces a thick creamy layer that rises to the top somewhat. If you don’t want that you can skip beating the cream and just add it, unbeaten, into the drink mix. This will produce a thick drink with a more storebought type consistency.
As always, I appreciate it when you choose to shop through my affiliate links. It costs you no extra but provides me with a small compensation that helps me keep adding valuable content to this blog.