It is Monday, so it is time for another recipe makeover. I love to take favorite recipes and make them THM friendly. One of the biggest hurdles people have to overcome is thinking that healthy eating means never having their favorite foods again. The truth is that you can make a healthy version of almost any meal. And most meals don’t require that much work to re-make!
Gooey Butter Cake ~ THM S
- 3/4 cup oat fiber
- 3/4 cup baking blend
- 3/4 cup xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sweetener like xes sweetener or gentle sweet (if your sweetener is not powdered you can use a coffee grinder or blender to powder it, powder first, then measure)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry cake ingredients with the egg, melted butter, water and vanilla and mix well with an electric mixer. This will be crumbly, not wet like a regular cake batter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, softened butter and vanilla and beat together then add the powdered sweetener and mix well. Pour over cake layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey. When you take the cake out of the oven it will not look like gooey butter cake but rather it will look like cheesecake. Don’t worry, just let the cake cool.
- When the cake is cool you can sprinkle a little more powdered sweetener over the top if you’d like. Slice into squares, serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to THM’ify? Comment below and I will see what I can do!
As always, I appreciate it when you choose to shop through my affiliate links. It costs you no extra but provides me with a small compensation that helps me keep adding valuable content to this blog.