I love Amish broccoli salad. It is amazing how the sweet creamy dressing, crunchy vegetables, salty bacon, cheese, cranberries and seeds blend together into something that I could eat as a meal on its own! It is just super delicious and if you haven’t tried it yet, you don’t know what you’re missing!
Unfortunately, traditional Amish Broccoli salad has sugar in it, but thankfully that is an easy fix! Here is my take on this traditional salad. Oh, and I know this is called broccoli salad, but it includes cauliflower too. If you don’t want the cauliflower, you can always double the broccoli, but I really like it this way.
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled (or 1 cup real bacon bits)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup “craisins” (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a bowl large enough to hold the whole salad, mix first three ingredients together with a whisk to combine.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and stir to coat all ingredients in dressing.
- You can serve immediately, but I like it best when it has an hour or more to sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to meld.