It is Monday, so it is time for another recipe makeover. I love to take favorite recipes and make them THM friendly. One of the biggest hurdles people have to overcome is thinking that healthy eating means never having their favorite foods again. The truth is that you can make a healthy version of almost any meal. And most meals don’t require that much work to re-make!
I have always loved Snicker-Doodles! I also really love cheesecake! That means these bars have got to be fantastic! The original recipe can be found at Delish.
Snicker-Doodle Cheesecake Bars ~ THM S
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of mineral salt
FOR THE SNICKER-DOODLE LAYER
- 1 c baking blend
- 1 c oat fiber
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. mineral salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 c. xes sweetener or gentle sweet
- 1 tsp black strap molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sweet blend mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cheesecake layer: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and gentle sweet until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Prepare snicker-doodle layer: In a medium bowl, whisk together baking blend, oat fiber, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter, gentle sweet and molasses with a hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Gradually add dry mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the snicker-doodle dough into an even layer in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon/gentle sweet mixture.
Pour cheesecake batter on top and smooth with a rubber spatula.
Break up remaining snicker-doodle dough into small clumps and sprinkle over cheesecake layer, then sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until edges are set and center of cheesecake mixture is only slightly jiggly, about 30 minutes.
Let cool completely before slicing into squares.
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to THM’ify? Comment below and I will see what I can do!