It is Monday, so it is time for another recipe makeover. I love to take favorite recipes and make them THM friendly. One of the biggest hurdles people have to overcome is thinking that healthy eating means never having their favorite foods again. The truth is that you can make a healthy version of almost any meal. And most meals don’t require that much work to re-make!
Here is another pumpkin recipe for you to choose from. Normally I think of cookies as a Christmas dessert, but Pumpkin Spice cookies? Those need to go at Thanksgiving, right? The original recipe can be found on Delish.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking blend, oat fiber, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, gentle sweet and molasses until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add dry mixture. Beat on low until no dry mixture appears, then fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop 1” balls onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Flatten dough into cookie shape (the cookies will not spread).
- Bake about 12 minutes. Using my small cookie scoop I got exactly 45 cookies.
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to THM’ify? Comment below and I will see what I can do!