Eureka! I found it! The best biscuit I have made since starting THM! I had purchased this garlic butter flavored coconut oil at Walmart and really wanted to try it with a garlic bread recipe.
I had actually used it to cook some green beans and they were fantastic, but the whole time they were cooking we were looking for garlic toast, it smelled just like it! So I finally got around to trying it last night. This biscuit did not spread out flat like some I have made. It held it’s shape and had a great biscuit texture! I was so happy I had to share. I used a food processor to make these (cause I’m lazy, lol) but you can make them with a mixer or by hand.
Cheesy Garlic Biscuits ~ THM S
- 1/2 cup baking blend
- 1/2 cup oat fiber
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (around 4 oz) (cheddar is classic, but whatever you prefer is fine)
- 2 tbsp garlic butter flavored coconut oil (if you cannot find this use regular unflavored coconut oil and 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp unflavored coconut oil or butter (cold)
(I used a food processor, however this can be done with a hand mixer or by hand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse dry ingredients.
- Add coconut oil and/or butter and process till combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until dough forms.
- Use medium scoop (3 tbsp.) to scoop out dough onto un-greased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Space 2 inches a part.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until biscuits have slightly browned on the top.
- Makes 12 biscuits. Best served warm.