Makeover Monday ~ Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
It is Monday, so it is time for another recipe makeover. I love to take favorite recipes and make them THM friendly. One of the biggest hurdles people have to overcome is thinking that healthy eating means never having their favorite foods again. The truth is that you can make a healthy version of almost any meal. And most meals don’t require that much work to re-make!
With Thanksgiving looming on the horizon I have a pumpkin recipe for you to choose from. Tired of the traditional pumpkin pie? How about a delicious pumpkin spice cheesecake? I took this to staff meeting at work and was met with the question, “There’s no sugar in this?!?” It was a hit! The original recipe can be found on Delish.
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325° with a rack in the middle position. Grease an 8” spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- Make crust: In a food processor, add all crust ingredients and process until well combined. Press crust into bottom of pan.
- Meanwhile, make cheesecake batter: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat cream cheese, gentle sweet and molasses until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined, then beat in glucomannan, and pumpkin spice. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust.
- Double-wrap outside of pan in aluminum foil, making sure to cover the bottom. Place pan in a large baking dish, place the baking dish in the oven, and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the pan. Bake until only slightly jiggly in center, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- With oven door propped open, turn oven off and let cool 1 hour in the oven. Remove from water bath and discard foil, then refrigerate cheesecake until cooled completely, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with a layer of caramel and a few dollops of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake. Sprinkle all over with pecans and more pumpkin pie spice.
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like me to tackle? Leave a comment below and I will see what I can do!
Want some help on your journey? Join my fall book study group! Anyone who participates in this book study will also be eligible for a 10% discount for any of my coaching or class packages that are booked before January 31st, 2019!