Brussels sprouts, did you know that it wasn’t Brussel sprouts? Well, now you do! Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that many people don’t like based on how they have had them prepared. Well, if you’ve never had them prepared like this, I encourage you to give them another try! This is one of my favorite side dishes. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into bite sized pieces (pork or turkey, if using turkey add 2 TBSP more oil)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP Parmesan cheese (green can is fine)
- Cut Brussels sprouts into quarters.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon to skillet and allow fat to begin to render. If using turkey bacon be sure to add 2 TBSP of coconut oil with the bacon pieces.
- Add remaining oil to pan along with Brussels sprouts.
- Saute Brussels, stirring often for 6-8 minutes until they are tender and starting to brown.
- Add water, balsamic, salt and pepper, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, add garlic, nutritional yeast and Parmesan cheese, stir to combine. Saute for 2-4 more minutes.
These were so delicious I had a hard time sharing!